02 Yukon Header Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a magnaflow cat-back already on the truck. the muffler is single in-dual chamber-single out. the truck doesnt have to be obnoxiously loud, but I would like a set of headers that makes the biggest difference without having to alter anything between the headers and the cat-back.

Dylan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pacesetter are the cheapest out there and run good primary size to a 3" coupling. The ORY hooks right onto them and merges into a factory style bolt flange so the catback you have will bolt right up.

OP
OP
E

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that where each header bolts to the Y-pipe, there is 1 bolt on each side of the pipe. Will I have any trouble loosening those bolts? I really do not want to have to heat anything to break it loose.

Dylan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done the LT/ORY so I don't know how those are to change out. I did put my catback corsa on and a 3/8 impact took the bolts right off no problem.

OP
OP
E

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that exhaust flange was a pain for me getting the stock system off. I tried the impact, but it wouldn't budge. Had to torch it to get it red hot, and even then it cried when I loosened it. The truck had 120,000 miles on it when I put on the exhaust, and that was just a month ago so hopefully the headers go better. Thanks for the tips!

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Well I would Lookat at Spending the extra Money On the ones I have, They come with Lonng tube headers, off-road Y-pipe, and free flow cats. it will bolt right up to Your Cat Back system. Also Get a Single Chamber Muffler You You will be a lot louder. ? Did You run Your pipes out fromm under the Truck or is it Dumped? If You Dump it it will Make it Sound More Agrissve too.

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
headers you only notice in a high end RPM.... for reasons of the engine breather harder, so it would have to exhausts its deep breath threw a larger chamber... I personal believe you wont notice a sound increase.. you might not a a little gain in mpg... as for power it falls in teh catagory of a fipk k&n intake... only in the higher rpms.. if your current exhausr set up is not 100% line up with your stock manifold collectors, have fun blowing collector gaskets on headers... im sure from what i have read there will be alot of people to bag the differ.. and argue me wrong.... not saying im right.. just from my experience and other people that iknow..

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I love my AEMs, but the dynatechs and stainless works are great choices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick