02 Yukon Header Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 02 Yukon XL 1500 with a K&N CAI and a magnaflow cat-back. I'm lookin' for my truck to have a real good roar to it but I do not want to spend more then $500-$600 on headers. Any opinions on a loud set? And has anyone had difficulty unbolting the stock headers from the stock exhaust? Because I had to torch the bolts on my stock exhaust flange just to get the bolts to loosen to put on the cat-back.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pacesetters or if you can find them, LPP Stainless. They are 1 3/4" primaries.
Be careful on stock manifolds, you can easily break the OEM bolts off in the ehads if not careful.

OP
OP
E

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! Do you like that blackbear tune? What kind of differences have you noticed?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
HUGE gains....best mod I have done. If you plan to do headers, do them first, then get the tune. I gained 2 MPG with the 93 tune, and the added power is huge. No handheld holds a candle to a custom tune.

OP
OP
E

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much did the entire tune set up run you out the door? Did you tell Bear Tune how you wanted it or did they send you the equipment to do the data runs?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a live tune with Justin, you can click their link on far right of website, and get FAQ and pricing. Link -------------------------------------->

OP
OP
E

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Will my truck be noticably louder with headers on it?

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
it will sound Deeper, Headers give You more low to Mid Range power, How old are You not picking just asking?
Also how many Chambers is Your Muffler? if You want loud get a Cherry Bomb Extreme single in daul out single chamber. I have the DynaTech's but from Your post they are outta Your price range.

Last edited:

Dylan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When going LT's the cheapest/simplest way to go is catless with the matching ORY (offroad Y pipe) so it'll be louder going this route. How loud depends on the above stated, what muffler you pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz