'02 Yukon A/C only blows hot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
Ever since replacing my battery.. my a/c decided to quit. Wasn't a big deal in November.. but now it's hot.

Under the hood: Compressor kicks on and runs, return lines get ice cold. Took it to a shop and I have good pressure.. not full, but enough.

I've pulled the fuse from inside the car (by driver door on dash) and the delphi relay under the hood. Waited 15 minutes and turned the car/ac on.. Thought I was in luck but then heat started blowing again. The info online said to pull the relay, wait 10, and turn the car on and put a/c on AUTO. I didn't do that.. just waited 15 and tried to push buttons.

The actuator door for the recirc. seems to be working fine.. you can hear the air shift and the mechanical noise of the door.

So.. from here.. I'm going to pull the relay and drive the car for some errands.. then, after the car has been sitting off in a parking lot for a while, I'll put the relay back in and put a/c on AUTO.

I could also check the cabin air filters.. but I really think it's electrical.

30 days before I put the Yukon up for sale.. she digs into my pockets again :|

Thanks brews

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it warm on driver and passenger sides? Do you have dual temp controls?

Could be the blend door actuator that controls the temp of the air.

JimmyKGB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Climate Control Unit brother.....Could be wrong ive never worked on a Yukon until I bought mine and I have only done upgrades no issues. But that happens all the time on the Honda Odyssey and a few others...

OP
OP
titanium02

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
It blows as hot as it can on both sides and rear. I don't have dual climate zones.. just one temp dial and cpu climate control.

Sucks.

Biggmann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try unhooking the bettery for 30 min and see if it resets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84