02 TrailBlazer with a bowed out/convex seat back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My girl really likes her 2002 TrailBlazer, except for one thing. The driver's seat back feels like it bows out, where her back hits it, and does not bow in/concave enough. I have tried every adjustment I can think or for the lumbar but am having no success. Does anyone have any recommendations for this problem. This is a bone stock TB with cloth grey interior. This is so basic a TB, it does not even come with or support key fobs.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My girl really likes her 2002 TrailBlazer, except for one thing. The driver's seat back feels like it bows out, where her back hits it, and does not bow in/concave enough. I have tried every adjustment I can think or for the lumbar but am having no success. Does anyone have any recommendations for this problem. This is a bone stock TB with cloth grey interior. This is so basic a TB, it does not even come with or support key fobs.

Does the lumbar move when you try to adjust it? I wanna say they can "default" to popped-out if the mechanism breaks. How does the passenger seat compare?

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Does the lumbar move when you try to adjust it? I wanna say they can "default" to popped-out if the mechanism breaks. How does the passenger seat compare?
I had not thought of checking the passenger side, to compare. Will respond back tomorrow.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It was bugging me. I went outside and checked the lumbar adjustments on both sides. They both work and they are both the same adjustment and to me it feels ok but is too hard/convexed for her. I will just have to remove seat and see if can make softer at that spot.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was bugging me. I went outside and checked the lumbar adjustments on both sides. They both work and they are both the same adjustment and to me it feels ok but is too hard/convexed for her. I will just have to remove seat and see if can make softer at that spot.

Have any good u-pull-it places near you? You could find a similar TB or Envoy and experiment on the seat- open it up to (A) see if you can and how it's assembled and (B) see if you can mod the lumbar or its adjuster to be more minimal then apply what you learned to hers. Or, find a clean set of seats from something else and swap 'em. It being a basic model means you won't have to worry with seat heaters, coolers, etc. I've put Cavalier/Sunfire seats in one S10 and Pontiac G8 GT seats in another.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Have any good u-pull-it places near you? You could find a similar TB or Envoy and experiment on the seat- open it up to (A) see if and how it's assembled and (B) see if you can mod the lumbar or its adjuster to be more minimal then apply what you learned to hers. Or, find a clean set of seats from something else and swap 'em. It being a basic model means you won't have to worry with seat heaters, coolers, etc. I've put Cavalier/Sunfire seats in one S10 and Pontiac G8 GT seats in another.
She doesn't mind my "sweat equity" but doesn't want to spend much money on it. Believe me, she takes full advantage of a tech at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10