01 yukon running rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtBOSS.25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anyone have any idea why my 01 yukon is running rough?
under 1k rpms it idles n wants to die all the gauges go down lights dim
and especially when the air is on.

truck has 129k miles 5.3 vortec
new plugs and wires compression test checked out coils checked out new fuel filter air filter pcv valve oil changed regularly battery and alt checked out
been hooked up to 3 computers none have any codes come back
last resort is to take it to the dealer.

any help would be appreciated=]

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get some throttle body cleaner and a tooth brush and clean the throttle body and butterfly. Will make a big difference.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me, it sounds like either carbon build up (if you're lucky), or Bearings going bad (if you're unlucky).

slowstang305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the alternator is the culprit but you said that has already been checked out

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont mean to hijack, but any certain steps to cleaning the throttle body. Do you remove it or just clean it on the truck? How about the MAF? Remove or clean it on the vehicle? Sorry for so many ?, but dont want to mess anything up. :Handshake:

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont mean to hijack, but any certain steps to cleaning the throttle body. Do you remove it or just clean it on the truck? How about the MAF? Remove or clean it on the vehicle? Sorry for so many ?, but dont want to mess anything up. :Handshake:

I leave the TB on. Just spray it with some throttle body cleaner and give it a little scrub with a toothbrush. Clean all that black crap off inside it. It will be hard to crank when you done, but it will feel like a new truck when its done.

MAF, I take it off and give it a spray with MAF cleaner, but dont touch it with the nozzle...........just spray it clean.

Also, as above........... seafoam is great stuff. I do all of the above once a year.
:cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59