'01 Yukon Double DIN install kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01SLE

Reaction score
I'm having a hell of a time finding an install kit for my truck. 01 SLE with factory double DIN CD player. It has the little tabs you squeeze down and then pull the unit out. I've looked at both the Scosche kits and one fits the truck but only to stick a single DIN unit in the double DIN opening. Anyone find a kit to install a double DIN DVD player in these types of dashes?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can Try the DetailSS , I think they make kits for your year http://www.thedetailss.com

Ive Used their Product and Loved It , You can opt for a DIY Kit , (my choice) Requires you to actually Cut and Fab the Kit in your Dash

Or a Pre done Kit that is Out of the box ready for install Hope this helps

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

I also Moved your Post it was Posted in the NNBS section Just a FYI

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW your year doesn't have a double din. It's a 1.5 din... You can fit a double din with modifications though.

anguyen325

Reaction score
Good luck with this. I just finished my install last week on an 02' and talk about work! well worth it though!

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW your year doesn't have a double din. It's a 1.5 din... You can fit a double din with modifications though.

So is the OBS 1.5 din , The Detail SS has the brackets that Move the AC controls down ect.. TO make room , It is a bit of work Id invest in a Good Dremel to get it done . I think I bought the tools for 30-40 dollars at lowes . Just take your time with it . I have ONE spot on my dash where I didnt sand it good enough and no matter how many coats of paint i used the spot appears a little texurted DRIVES ME NUTS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts