“Fixed” seat tear expectation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon Hubbard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
caught a tear in new to me 2015 Yukon xl denali. Dealer covered charge by 3rd party so happy about that. Was told they were great and it would look new. Just want to know if I should reach out again or be satisfied. I had no expectations of end result. 66,000 miles on it and in great condition except this spot.

8E8876AE-774F-4172-9661-BD11B5C1DAD8.jpeg

OP
OP
Brandon Hubbard

Brandon Hubbard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t think they did a terribly job. But I also think they could have done a better job but maybe that’s because I’m super picky. Lol.
I’m a perfectionist that’s why I’m asking the forum so I don’t sound crazy! Based on website before and after photos it sets the expectation you won’t know it is there once completed. Think they brought that high expectation on themselves.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
caught a tear in new to me 2015 Yukon xl denali. Dealer covered charge by 3rd party so happy about that. Was told they were great and it would look new. Just want to know if I should reach out again or be satisfied. I had no expectations of end result. 66,000 miles on it and in great condition except this spot.

View attachment 217850
I don’t think they did a terribly job. But I also think they could have done a better job but maybe that’s because I’m super picky. Lol.
Def not terrible. They could've done a better job with it tho. It's almost impossible to duplicate those small perforated holes, especially in black. I do applaud them for that tho. They most likely used a heat activated paste. The repaired area isn't even with the original surface area. The only real way to repair it correctly is to sew in another panel. The way they did it is much cheaper. If it was me--I'd tell them I was unhappy with it and I want it repaired correctly. They're just trying to cheap out on you. Question is--Are YOU happy with it? Can YOU live with it for as long as you'll own it? If not, tell them to fix it right.

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean, i think it looks awful, but its not my truck. If you can deal, them do so. If not.. ask for a repair.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol im kind of a dick so.... ive seen worse repairs but ya it looks like crap and i wouldn't put up with it. im on my cell and could easily see it as soon as the image loaded.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't they replaceable? I have seen OEM leather set covers on amazon for around $150

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA