‘14 Yukon with vapor coming from AC vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only happens at certain times, not consistently. It’s odorless and mainly comes from the center vents. Had the refrigerant topped off last year and checked system for leaks. Given the all clear. Any ideas?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only happens at certain times, not consistently. It’s odorless and mainly comes from the center vents. Had the refrigerant topped off last year and checked system for leaks. Given the all clear. Any ideas?

I think that's just cause of the weather, must be hot and humid out and the ac is pumping out cool, dry air.

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks swath. It’s odd, my ‘13 Tahoe never did it. I’m going to get under the truck and look for the AC drain and make sure it’s not clogged. Thanks again.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks swath. It’s odd, my ‘13 Tahoe never did it. I’m going to get under the truck and look for the AC drain and make sure it’s not clogged. Thanks again.

Anytime, I should add that the vent is also probably in the open position and not recirculate as well when it does this right? I've seen it a few times over the years.

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is correct. I rarely use the recirc just out of fear of the dreaded AC musty stink. I’ll post if I find anything more.

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My exact thoughts. Has happened to mine a few times--when it worked.
Most likely the case. I live at 6000 feet elevation and it doesn’t do it up that high, only down in the valley at 400 feet.

Ridin Solo

Brain Ninja
Reaction score
This happens to me too however, for me, it tends to happen more frequently when I am low on Freon, shit it even spit a tiny icicle out of my passenger air vent a couple weeks ago when it was doing that and I finally just found a leak with my evap coil. I know you said that you don’t have a leak per the last check but if you had to top off your Freon, there probably is a leak, it just might be really small. Last summer couldnt find a leak so I had the Freon topped off and we are just now barely starting summer again, sure enough I was out of Freon again but this time found the issue. Maybe coincidence but for me, those issues seem to be correlated somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

that is just a weather cloud forming inside...

or Fog since it's on ground level
this video explains it very well

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The low on refrigerant scenario may be occurring. Our other two cars we had did this before they started to hiss from the evaporator starving for gas.

I’ve read that the factory began putting dye in the systems when built. If this is true (please come in to verify) it’d be worth it to buy the uv light and give the lines a look see at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts