My New project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My center console project

So here is my 3d image of the console I am looking to build. This was my first time using Google sketch. Here is some shots of it. the finished product will look much more factory than this, I just couldn't figure out how to show it in the rendering. Basically what I am going for is a some what factory console, I will use the console/lid from a Jump seat, and the cup holder and storage pockets from a 04 center console. I am going to try to keep a factory shape with it. My goal is to house a 10" RE Audio SEX10d2. I should be close to 1.25 @ 31hz after displacements.

This will be getting started next weekend so I will be posting updates.

Attachments

• boxbuildconsole2.jpg
    boxbuildconsole2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 163
  • boxbuildconsole.jpg
    boxbuildconsole.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 141
  • boxbuildconsole3.jpg
    boxbuildconsole3.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the storage insert and the cup holder insert from a 03+ center console for fairly cheap? I am thinking a junk yard wont sell them to me without the whole console.

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I found some on Ebay, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on them this Friday. Those parts sure aren't cheap.

Thanks for the help guys.

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pull it yourself out of a junkyard, might have to do some searching but way cheaper, and if you can hide it well enough it would be free, now i'm not condoning that behavior, but its always an option, lol

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol yeah I just ordered them off eBay, got both for $60... pretty good deal cause the pocket alone runs that much on eBay. I'm going to start chopping wood this weekend. I'm getting excited... it's gonna be a pain to build but I'm ready to get it done

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had a hard time finding parts for 03+ trucks in the local yards that will let you go pull parts. The ones that have the parts already pulled wont sell just those pieces, gotta buy the whole console.

Sub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which storage insert are you looking for, the one with the single din pocket in the forward part of the console? Or the insert under the lift lid in the enclosed center part of the console?

If the latter, I would skip the plastic and put the money toward a console vault. If the former, I'd skip the plastic and mount a piece of electronic equipment in there.