"Reduced Engine Power"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04denali

Reaction score
So after all the fixing and fixing of my yukon close to $2000 worth I am now getting "reduced engine power" flashing every other day and my engine loses power and wont let me go over 5 mph. I press the gas pedal and the rpm's will go to about 800 but that's all. I have to shut the truck off and wait a few seconds then crank and hope it works fine, sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt.. When it does run fine after the engine loss the "reduced engine power" flashing is gone but the check engine light remains. I took it to autozone cuz i just hate spending $90 to get my truck looked at from the dealer especially since i have done it 3 times in the past couple of months. They said they couldnt read any codes and just nothing was showing up.. Does anyone have any suggestions for the cheapest parts i can try replacing to see if that's the problem.. Like throttle body sensor, o2 sensor?? I dont know any help would be appreciated. Im wanting to sell in a couple months and wont get anything for a truck that wont run

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
get out, dis-connect battery, wait a few minutes, let it reset then reattach. If it does it again, there is something wrong. Have Advanced auto, etc run the codes.

OP
OP

04denali

Reaction score
I will go try that right now since it did it to me twice within 3 miles. Hope this works

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like it may be an issue, but at least that will clear everything stored in the system.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check and make sure your throttle body isnt unplugged or lose. and any other connections under the hood. i had this problem with my silverado and the TB was the cause

OP
OP

04denali

Reaction score
Tried the disconnect and so far no problem or lights. I will check for anything loose and give it a day or two, hopefully I'm not having to put money into it

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
i'd check the grounds on your computer. mine was acting like that or just acting like there was no battery connected at all when you put the key in. turned out to be the bcm and they said the ground for the ecu was all messed up too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz