Upgraded Battery Cables With Dual Optimas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sierraman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
this is on creedcop's 95 tahoe. the initial problem we were having was the lights were diming and the old battery died a couple of times. we decided to plan for the future and pull out all the stops and make it to where there will never be a battery issue.

PARTS LIST
1. got the alternator rebuilt at a local shop to handle more power(will get specs later)
2. dual optima yellow top batteries
3. 20+ feet of 4 guage wiring from the local stereo shop for all new wires
4. universal frame mount battery tray bolted to the core support and the inside of fender
5. misc amount of ring terminals, side/top post terminals, heat shrink, and corigated tubing

both batteries were given their own grounds. the hot wire to the fuse box was replaced and put in factory location with factory tubing. the battery cables connecting the two batteries were ran along the top of the fan shroud. lastly we replaced the alt to battery wire. here are some pics.

IMG_5859.jpg
IMG_5871.jpg
ground wires
IMG_5865.jpg
battery cables
IMG_5868.jpg
alt wire
IMG_5873.jpg
fuse box wire
IMG_5857.jpg
driver's side battery
IMG_5862.jpg
IMG_5875.jpg

Last edited:

My99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a similar dual battery big 3 upgrade with write up in the following link. I love the set up. It took a lot of time to think through how to do this best and with best of breed components. Enjoy!

Project 99 Yukon

IMG_1282.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11