How I detail my truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tast101

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell yah man, the ** has had some abuse over the years so we'll see what the pc can get out starting with ssr2.5 then to 1 then got blackhole and nattys blue. Got any tips that might help?

Practice makes perfect. You'll get better as you make your way around the truck. It's real easy to get. I was sore for a couple of days, used muscles I haven't used in a while, so make sure you have a stool or something to sit on. If you need to you can make two passes with the 2.5. Let me know how you like it. I've only used Pinnacle XMT, when I reorder I'm try poorboy's.

2534327005_91ae32ee5d.png

There soap is the best tho. I don't use no other soap now. When you use poorboy's soap it suds up good and provide a nice layer of soap when cleaning, and it smells so good you just wanna drink it.

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah I'm def going to grab something to sit on, when you first did yours did you have a fair amount of swirls or was the paint in pretty good condition?

OP
OP
tast101

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yah I'm def going to grab something to sit on, when you first did yours did you have a fair amount of swirls or was the paint in pretty good condition?

My paint was pretty good but I had alot of spider webs, after my first detail most of them were gone. I'd just see a fine line every so often. Right now it is about where it was before my first detail, because I was lazy with it this year. Time for another detail. This time I'll try to get more pics, during the detail. I just don't have a garage to work in right now until it gets cleaned out and its been gloomy like it wants to rain. My first time I was in the sun, workin on the side that was in the shade and rotated with the shade.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the blue on these tahoes when you actually care for it...pulled up to a weathered blue suburban next to me today and it was a night and day difference. I'd love to get my hands on a porter cable soon....too bad i'm a starving student as of now

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the blue on these tahoes when you actually care for it...pulled up to a weathered blue suburban next to me today and it was a night and day difference. I'd love to get my hands on a porter cable soon....too bad i'm a starving student as of now

Same here man, I decided that 2 bills was worth it though, it'll at least give me something to do over the summer :rocking:

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're using 6.5" pads on a PC... I would HIGHLY recommend trying out the 5" pads. I noticed a better overall control with the 5" pad and it fits perfectly over most spots of cars. No need to try and squeeze an edge in here or there or grab a 4" pad. I found the 6.5" pads to be quite large specially when doing fenders (if you have flares) and other smaller spots.

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're using 6.5" pads on a PC... I would HIGHLY recommend trying out the 5" pads. I noticed a better overall control with the 5" pad and it fits perfectly over most spots of cars. No need to try and squeeze an edge in here or there or grab a 4" pad. I found the 6.5" pads to be quite large specially when doing fenders (if you have flares) and other smaller spots.

good point griz

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I got the 5.5'' :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
07blackhoe

Latest posts