How do I get my Tahoe to ride/handle like my 3500HD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't Car&Driver have something to say about suspecting that GM tuned not only the suspension, but also the stability control intervention to protect the engine?
Don't quote me on the exact details ...
I think that was with the 2021 and up generation. They said the stability control was one of the most intrusive they had ever seen.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that was with the 2021 and up generation. They said the stability control was one of the most intrusive they had ever seen.
Yes, but to be thorough, I thought C&D said that they suspected this was to protect the engine somehow?

Car & Driver Magazine said:
While our skidpad test is not something drivers will replicate on the road,
it tells a lot about the performance capabilities of these three-row SUVs.
When asked why the system is so aggressive, Chevy said only that the goal was to
"ensure safe vehicle operation for a wide range of driving conditions and driver inputs."
We suspect that the system is limiting the truck's lateral capabilities as a workaround for an engine-oiling weakness,
because trailing closely behind every Escalade, Tahoe, Suburban, and Yukon on the skidpad
is a James Bond–grade cloud of oil smoke.
From here, looks like GM is trying to remix the '80s differently this time?

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For sure, the hill descent BS is ridiculous. Like dangerous ridiculous, especially trying to hook up a trailer. And I have not found a way to disable it. But in normal driving, I really don't feel the stability control when I'm hooning around in sport mode. And the stability control in my Volvo C70 was pulling power _all_ the time, so I am sensitive to it. LSD took care of the Volvo stability control quite well. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulgeyer

Latest posts