What would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnny--2k

Reaction score
So my new to me 05 Z71 has some miles on it. I am the 2nd owner, and it's currently at about 186K. I have no idea what's been done other than the steering intermediate shaft being replaced twice by the previous owners.

As of right now, the truck drives great overall, after new tires, new front hubs, and a few creature comfort upgrades. My only concern is the ever-so-slight rattle/clunk/vibration I get at higher speed when I hit a bump. I can't really hear it over the sound of the truck itself making noise, but I can slightly feel it in the steering wheel and floor board. It's not enough for most passengers to notice, unless they are car people, so it doesn't bother me too much, but I'd like to know if you were in my shoes, what would you look for or replace?

Eventually I would like to lower the truck, but I don't want to do that with the stock 17's, but at the same time, I would like to tighten up the handling/steering a bit as there is way too much body roll/slop for my liking. Switching between this and my ATS-V makes me go batty...

Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe