upgrading mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metalmaniac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully upgraded from the standard mirror to the power folding with turn signal function and puddle lights?

neloms

Reaction score
Looks pretty straight forward just not ready to spend the $$$ yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilmac

Reaction score
Perhaps not as straight forward as you may suggest. OP is asking if anyone has SUCCESSFULLY upgraded from standard mirrors. There's the questions on whether pre-wired exists, adding button to fold mirrors, and if programming is needed. So far only speculation on what might need to be done for it to work, but no one has posted on a successful swap. I myself am interested, no so much in the power folding feature, but turn signals and puddles. Saw some aftermarkets with varying features, which are a lot less expensive than buying OEM, but am unsure of successful installation.

neloms

Reaction score
Perhaps not as straight forward as you may suggest. OP is asking if anyone has SUCCESSFULLY upgraded from standard mirrors. There's the questions on whether pre-wired exists, adding button to fold mirrors, and if programming is needed. So far only speculation on what might need to be done for it to work, but no one has posted on a successful swap. I myself am interested, no so much in the power folding feature, but turn signals and puddles. Saw some aftermarkets with varying features, which are a lot less expensive than buying OEM, but am unsure of successful installation.
Good point, may be foolish on my part to assume plug n play. Let's see when someone does it!

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Not to mention the base of the mirror for the truck is totally different than the SUV

neloms

Reaction score
The DL8 to DL3 mirror swap is a hot topic on GM truck forums but not here? Surely we want this too? I've heard wire harnesses and pins need to be reconfigured to have full functionality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700