Unlocked Navigation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jose Bosques

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello new member here, and also new owner of a 2016 Yukon Xl. I need help determining if my navigation is unlocked. I have been able to enter destinations while driving, but I've also read where some others were not able to do that. Does that mean my Navigation unit was unlocked already?

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought unlocked referred to being able to access certain features blocked by the factory default programming - like seeing rear camera while in motion or DVD video on the front screen etc.

OP
OP
J

Jose Bosques

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I thought it was not possible to enter destination while driving. My Yukon does allow that. Also it gives me access to my iPhone apps while I conocer to the left front USB. As if it was connected to the USB behind the headunit. Is this normal on all yukons?

scott6760

Reaction score
In my 2013 I could not enter addresses when the car was moving. In the 2016 you just have to click 'accept' to acknowledge that the passenger is the one entering the address. I'm not sure if it's tied into the passenger seat weight sensor. I've never tried it when I'm driving by myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jose Bosques

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In my 2013 I could not enter addresses when the car was moving. In the 2016 you just have to click 'accept' to acknowledge that the passenger is the one entering the address. I'm not sure if it's tied into the passenger seat weight sensor. I've never tried it when I'm driving by myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Makes sense, thanks again.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is the passenger seat sensor. that's one of the BEST improvements in the new SUV's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyodave