Service brake system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kokonut909

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey how’s it goin. I have a 2007 Tahoe ltz and about a month ago I got a service brake system light and then the whole service traction system service stabilitrak went on. Making a clunking noise I can definitely hear. It’s been parked since I just haven’t had time to really investigate further or take it to a shop, I don’t want to get ripped off if it’s an easy fix, I’m pretty capable mechanic wise, and my pops knows a ton more than me. Just any ideas or solutions If you’ve had this happen??

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first thing to do is to fully inspect brake system. Fluid change, inspect rotors and pads. Replace what needs replacing. How many miles on it.

The service traction system can be as innocuous as a low battery but clunkling is bad. Make sure sure no loose wires etc.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of brakes and brake service - anyone use a brake bleeder kit to do it yourself? Kicking around the idea of getting one and looking for input. I have 2 GM products and a Fox body Mustang that could all stand to have a fluid flush.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of brakes and brake service - anyone use a brake bleeder kit to do it yourself? Kicking around the idea of getting one and looking for input. I have 2 GM products and a Fox body Mustang that could all stand to have a fluid flush.

@Rocket Man swears by his and it is on my wish list:

Many here say the proper way is to use a Tech2 with an auto bleed which makes the antilock brake system do the bleeding. Also on my wish list. Discussion here and other threads as well.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take a minute and look under it and see what it might be?
use a flashlight, take the wheels off and check the brakes
we can only guess from the couch over here....could be many things

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Rocket Man swears by his and it is on my wish list:

Many here say the proper way is to use a Tech2 with an auto bleed which makes the antilock brake system do the bleeding. Also on my wish list. Discussion here and other threads as well.

I saw a video or two about the Motive products - I was leaning that direction instead of the pneumatic versions (they require a powerful compressor). I have a Tech2 and will look at the Motive kit...Thanks for the info and will have a read of the other member posts.

OP
OP
K

Kokonut909

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions . Gonna try and tear into it tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518