Remote start/ weak battery/ check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbd2015LTZ

Reaction score
Hey all! Was out tonight and remote started our 2022 Z71 Tahoe. Started no problem. Got in and pushed start and engined turned off. Hit start button again, lights, dash everything came on but no crank at all. Jump started fine, but now check engine light is on.

Any ideas as to why this happened or why the check engine light would be on? 595 miles on it so far!

Loving the truck though!!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Was out tonight and remote started our 2022 Z71 Tahoe. Started no problem. Got in and pushed start and engined turned off. Hit start button again, lights, dash everything came on but no crank at all. Jump started fine, but now check engine light is on.

Any ideas as to why this happened or why the check engine light would be on? 595 miles on it so far!

Loving the truck though!!
The battery might need to be fully charged. It's probably been making short runs since leaving the factory and that is not enough time to fully recharge the battery.

OP
OP
M

mbd2015LTZ

Reaction score
That’s possible. I did drive it home over 300 miles from out of state dealer after purchase. That was two weeks ago, since then, it has been shorter runs, with a few days in between drives from time to time. Going to try to start it up again after sitting for awhile and also dial up on star to see if they can tell me why check engine light is on.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s possible. I did drive it home over 300 miles from out of state dealer after purchase. That was two weeks ago, since then, it has been shorter runs, with a few days in between drives from time to time. Going to try to start it up again after sitting for awhile and also dial up on star to see if they can tell me why check engine light is on.
Just noticed that you are in Albany! We loved that area and nearby Schenectady and the folks at Lighthouse Baptist Church. Our visit to the USS Slater was great as well. Too cold to live there though! Brrrr....

OP
OP
M

mbd2015LTZ

Reaction score
@swathdiver We're just outside of Albany in the Sch'dy area. Good place just cold is right!!

Also, update. Battery is fine, had it load tested, check engine light went away on it's own. Hopefully this won't happen again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr