QUESTION - strange noise - rear drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, do the 08 Yukon Denali's have some sort of compressor on the right rear driver's side? Whatever it is, mine has starting making lots of noise, something I have not noticed before. It looks to be about the size of a large soup can enclosed in plastic rubber.

OP
OP
plush

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autoride compressor. LOL

Ok, when should it be making noise. It seems to have started with nothing going on and I am sitting in the garage. In fact my truck is always making some types of strange noise, just when I open the door, gears moving, parts shifting. I am just wondering cause once again my battery went out again while I was washing the truck. I made sure the interior light switch was off and only opened/close the back once. I wonder if it is draining when the doors are open? I leave them open so I can dry/clean the inside of the doors. I have never had this issue. No lights or anything is on that I can tell.

AUDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anytime your key is in the ignition (I think) and the rear end sags (if you sit on the bumper while tailgating with some friends) the compressor will run until it levels out the suspension. it also runs as soon as you start the engine (maybe 10 seconds) if it is running more, then you could have a leaking autoride shock or in the air lines going to/from the compressor. Mine also makes noise when you open the door, sounds like the DVD nav is booting up but the keys are still in my pocket. anyone confirm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts