Power Window Does not Work on Hot Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonWill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, first post her. I have had my '96 Yukon for about a month and had a strange thing happen yesterday; It was really warm out for the first time this spring and as I got in the Yukon to drive home the driver's window would not go down. All the other windows did fine but not the drivers. When I got this Yukon only the driver's controls would lower any of the windows. I found this to be because the window lock switch was uplugged. All was fine after I restored the connection and I can't help but wonder if there is a 'connection' to my unresponsive window yesterday. Any thoughts? Similar experiences?

Reaction score
'Nother new member here. Gotta bump this to the top to try to find some answers.

Mine does the same thing. I am almost certain that the door/window seal is swelling in the heat and causing the window to freeze in place. Any day over 90 degrees (almost every day) or when it's warm and in direct sunlight, the window is stuck in the up position.

When I hit the switch, I can hear the motor attempting to move the window, but it can't, even when I try to help it down. It's starting to really piss me off.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys live in seasonal cities? I live in la and it easily gets above 110 over here. Never had a problem with my windows, although one the drivers is just slow.

Reaction score
I live in Florida. It was over a hundred today. This evening, at about 9:00 o'clock, it was all the way down to 87 degrees. At that temp, sometimes the window will move, sometimes not. It was really slow when I tried to roll it up tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn