Jus got an Spectre Air Intake Kit for $75 shipped!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
I just won an eBay auction for an Spectre Air Intake Kit for only...... 55 and $20 shipping!

Proof:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200354356376&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSA%3AMOTORS%3A1123&salenotsupported

ee35_1.jpg
eebb_1.jpg

Ill be sure to get some install pics up and make a before/after sound video to help out anyone who is looking into this option :)

This is what it should look like installed:
DSCN0659.jpg

found that on this forum: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20670

Check on this thread for more updates!

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought one last month. PN/9900 same one you got. for the price it`s a good quality product. easy install and i gained maybe 1/2 to 1 mpg.

when you put the filter on you have to push it up on the little rige in the plastic over the tapered part where it looks like it should go. if you try to put it on the tapered part it will slip off in a few minutes. i took some alcohol and wiped down the rubber around the filter because as you`ll see it`s slippery. and check the screws after about 100 miles, they`ll probably be loose.

my pics are in this thread, reply #63 iirc.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18991#post18991

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score
i bought one last month. PN/9900 same one you got. for the price it`s a good quality product. easy install and i gained maybe 1/2 to 1 mpg.

when you put the filter on you have to push it up on the little rige in the plastic over the tapered part where it looks like it should go. if you try to put it on the tapered part it will slip off in a few minutes. i took some alcohol and wiped down the rubber around the filter because as you`ll see it`s slippery. and check the screws after about 100 miles, they`ll probably be loose.

x2 i bought the exact same setup. paid 125 for mine tho :( dammit. and yeah, the oil the shit out of that filter. mine kept sliding off. had to take some alcohol and clean off the rubber pieces so itd stay. i gained maybe 1/2 MPG.. but it sounds cool as hell!

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah ive been having that same problem with my granatelli intake. so i can just clean the surfaces with alcohol and that should help it stay, right? i know i tighten the shhhh outta that clamp but after a few wide open runs down the road or when passing, it pops off makes the intake sound like a big rig taking off.

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score
yeah. alcohol or i used paint thinner hah. closest thing to me in the garage. and it worked fine

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it effect the sound in the engine compartment when you get on it?

I can't comment on this intake, but I wanted to chime in. I put an Airraid MIT on my intake and a AFE Dry filter. Normal throttle, I don't hear any difference. BUT, under normal acceleration between 2500 and 3000 RPM's I freaking hear a lot! I can't comment on WOT because...well, I drive like a Grandma.

I would think, and this is pure guess at this point, that the following would apply to this intake:
1 - Metal tube, less noise than the plastic Airraid.
2 - Open filter, no difference, just maybe more of a "whoosh" sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz