2019 Yukon Denali: Just used rear entertainment for the first time and there’s no audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonathanS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I figured asking you guys has helped a lot of people and that I would try this before going to the dealership and looking like an idiot.

My kid is now old enough that our 2019’s rear entertainment would be useful so we tried it with a DLNA video (Nero app) and got it going but couldn’t get audio in the headsets or speakers. Are messing around a little while I tried a Blu-Ray, got it playing and still had no audio. The headunit was switched to media and showing DVD/Blu-Ray as the audio source and volume was up and unmuted. I also tried the headphones (switched on, volume up, both channels, both headphones), and I tried to do the FM radio alone on the back too and still no sound.

This was literally our first time using it so I wonder if it made it through QC at the factory or if we bounced something loose after a year of driving.

Any other ideas? I’m trying to avoid taking it in and them telling me I’m an idiot and doing something obvious.

Thanks in advance.

ang2bmd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I figured asking you guys has helped a lot of people and that I would try this before going to the dealership and looking like an idiot.

My kid is now old enough that our 2019’s rear entertainment would be useful so we tried it with a DLNA video (Nero app) and got it going but couldn’t get audio in the headsets or speakers. Are messing around a little while I tried a Blu-Ray, got it playing and still had no audio. The headunit was switched to media and showing DVD/Blu-Ray as the audio source and volume was up and unmuted. I also tried the headphones (switched on, volume up, both channels, both headphones), and I tried to do the FM radio alone on the back too and still no sound.

This was literally our first time using it so I wonder if it made it through QC at the factory or if we bounced something loose after a year of driving.

Any other ideas? I’m trying to avoid taking it in and them telling me I’m an idiot and doing something obvious.

Thanks in advance.
Try it with a different set of headphones. My 21 has 1 [emoji442] that doesn't work. The other is fine

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

JonathanS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try it with a different set of headphones. My 21 has 1 [emoji442] that doesn't work. The other is fine

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks—tried that, including plugging in the headphone jack. No audio to factory headphones, to the stock radio, or to the plugged in headphones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal