z71 side nerf bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trublew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it possible to do the z71 side nerf bars and lower mouldings on a 02 tahoe ls? i want to lift it but im not sure i like the stock plastic running boards on lifted trucks... and i dont want to do aftermarket as most of them i have seen rust out fast and dont look as clean as the z71 boards do. thanks for the help!

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it is possible, but to get the moldings on there are metal brackets under them that require 1/4'' rivets to install, there are 10 on each side. you have to drill holes in your rocker panels and install the rivets which are huge, I had to replace mine so I was lucky to already have the holes there. I wouldnt feel right drilling all those bigg ass holes. The steps require the brackets to be riveted on with those molding brackets as well. If you get a BIG double armed rivet gun (the handles are like a bolt cutter) you can do it yourself, I bought mine at harbor freight since I only needed to use that big of a rivet this one time only.

OP
OP
T

trublew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oooff... Nevermind then that's what I was lookin for

Krocker360

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is it possible to do the z71 side nerf bars and lower mouldings on a 02 tahoe ls? i want to lift it but im not sure i like the stock plastic running boards on lifted trucks... and i dont want to do aftermarket as most of them i have seen rust out fast and dont look as clean as the z71 boards do. thanks for the help!

some said yes, but I've tried it and I got myself in trouble... can't figure out how....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts