z120bt in 09 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

ptwat

Reaction score
Underside of cupholder showing tabs that hold the cupholder in. I removed the metal clips since I was going to be removing and replacing cupholder over several days.

Attachments

• P1010356-400.jpg
    P1010356-400.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
OP
OP
P

ptwat

Reaction score
Backside of HU surround showing retaining tab and clip locations.

Attachments

• P1010357-400.jpg
    P1010357-400.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
P

ptwat

Reaction score
Hole in console (looking from above) with USB and video plug from Z120BT. After this picture I added a rubber grommet to the hole to dress it up.

Attachments

• P1010346-400.jpg
    P1010346-400.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 47

vietcu

Reaction score
Very nice ptwat, good luck with the install. One thing though, you are going to love the "chime" once you turn on your system with that new chime module ;), especially when turning on the turn signals.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah the chime was weird at first but I got used to it quick!

OP
OP
P

ptwat

Reaction score
Thanks, I figured I would put the pictures in as I go so that if someone else was doing this or similar that they could see what it looks like on the inside.
Got a call from PAC yesterday that they were sending my OS-4 back. I guess it will be another 3-4 days before I get up and running.
Did either of you look into a different chime module?

vietcu

Reaction score
it is easy enough to change to another module. but trying to find one is another story, still looking around for another.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Thanks, I figured I would put the pictures in as I go so that if someone else was doing this or similar that they could see what it looks like on the inside.
Got a call from PAC yesterday that they were sending my OS-4 back. I guess it will be another 3-4 days before I get up and running.
Did either of you look into a different chime module?

Nope, their is not much of an option. And after a month of use you won't even think of it as anything!:Handshake:

OP
OP
P

ptwat

Reaction score
I got my OS4 back yesterday (upgraded to 1.2.3.8b) and started the install last night. With all the cabling I ended up cutting more plastic at the bottom of the HU well. I installed the GMBACKUP connector to the wrong connector and it took a while to realize it (brown to brown- doh) so backup works. I also have CENTER and SUB connected to the Z120BT CENTER and SUB out but I don't know if I can tell the difference if they are connected or not. I also came to the realization that I can either have a/v inputs from the RSE or (OEM) XM radio but not both with the GMRVD cable on A/V-2. I have an IPOD interface on A/V-1. I still need to install the bluetooth mike and a permanent GPS antenna. The PAC support told me the fader does not work since the Tahoe/Bose has only two imputs. Seems like fade worked on the OEM HU but can't recall now.
The GPS connector is very much different on the OEM than what came with the 120bt (as you guys know) I took the blue plastic off the OEM and still could not get a good fit with the HU- so I am still thinking about that one. I thought about taking the end off the Pioneer antenna and putting it on the OEM but then thought I would ask you guys what you did with your installs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpuvak