Yukon Denali w/ 2nd Row Bench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, there's a couple more inches in the third row of the XL and the floor is supposedly a little lower because of where it's positioned vis-a-vis the axel.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may help

Attachments

• gmc-yukon-xl-23_600x0w.jpg
    gmc-yukon-xl-23_600x0w.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 25

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my Tahoe has second row bench. I am not a fan of second row bucket seats and how they look. I keep the third row seat folded anyway.

OP
OP
polkhigh

polkhigh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah will likely go 2nd row bench on a Denali XL based on Roach's suggestion. Wasn't even considering the XL but it makes better sense with the 2nd row bench. It gives me more flexibility in the long run.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both a short and long wheel base escalade. Captain chairs in each, and I wish my short one had a bench. My long one I like having the captain chairs.

With the short one, in order to have any cargo space, you have to fold the 3rd row. So basically you have a 4 person car the size of a boat.

In the long one, I have plenty of space behind the 3rd row, I don't have to fold it. So I can seat 7, and access to the 3rd row is easy since they can pass through the middle.

I have a family of 3, so that may skew my decision. I could understand a family of say 5 would prefer a bench.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both a short and long wheel base escalade. Captain chairs in each, and I wish my short one had a bench. My long one I like having the captain chairs.

With the short one, in order to have any cargo space, you have to fold the 3rd row. So basically you have a 4 person car the size of a boat.

In the long one, I have plenty of space behind the 3rd row, I don't have to fold it. So I can seat 7, and access to the 3rd row is easy since they can pass through the middle.

I have a family of 3, so that may skew my decision. I could understand a family of say 5 would prefer a bench.

If you want room for cargo and passengers get a minivan. Both the SWB and LWB can’t compete when it comes to that. Truck frame cripples it.

Moot point since I wouldn’t be caught dead in a minivan.

I only have two kids, but much prefer the bench as it gives them space to put all their junk during long trips.

orchidcrazy

Reaction score
I hate to drive mini vans... it's what got me to a Yukon after having 2. Great for space, I just don't care for the shape, etc. just not a fan.

Had 3 kids in 4 years but no twins. Get an XL (LWB) for sure. We had an '03 for 11 years - went Captain's chair with it had 2 in the back, 1 in a captains, Doxies had the other captain's chair with their own booster seat. :) The XL not only gives you space between your 3 and allows you to carry up to 7, but you have all the cargo area for all the 'stuff' that comes with a family of 5. As ours got bigger, we added on a Thule as well. You won't be able to go away, carry your 'stuff' and get to your destination without incidents in a SWB.

Now that the kids are a bit more older, I now have a '16 SWB with a bench. I don't need to carry them around all the time - 2 are in college. I drive with the 3rd row down all the time and have the cargo space I want, yet the seating capacity I might occasionally need.

Take note I never wrote that they 'grew up'. At 17 1/2, 19 and 20 - they still bicker constantly when together, don't like when another 'touches' them, etc. They just get larger.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove