Yukon Denali w/ 2nd Row Bench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polkhigh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been lurking around and found some great info. Does the 2015 come with 8 speed? JUST KIDDING....couldn't resist.

So for me the real question is about the 2nd row bench seat no cost option. I have a family of 5 and prefer the bench seats to put all three kids in the 2nd row. But I can't seem to figure out:

1) Does the middle seating position have a head rest?
2) How easy is it to get to the 3rd row? I see a lot of vids with the captains chair collapsing, but can't find anything with the bench seats.
3) Anyone with the 2nd row bench seat option share their opinions?

Thanks,
-P

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is a no cost option. I have it on my current Yukon XL Denali on I have it ordered on my next one.

It is easy to get into the back. The seat is a 60/40 split. The passenger side easily flips up all the way and you can get go the 3rd row seat.

Yes the middle seat has head rest.

OP
OP
polkhigh

polkhigh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mike, thanks for the info.
All the pictures I've been able to find with the 2nd row bench, do not have a middle seat headrest. Are these old prototype pictures? I'm getting confused more and more I research.....

2015_gmc_yukon_4dr-suv_slt_ca_evox_1_500.jpg

2015_gmc_yukon_4dr-suv_slt_rps_evox_1_500.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, your three kids must be better behaved than mine. I need to use the back seat to get enough space between my boys to keep them from trying to beat the crap out of each other. It's like a law of nature; like gravity.

OP
OP
polkhigh

polkhigh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LOL..I have a 6 yr old and two 3 yr olds (twins). Right now we have the 6 yr old sitting in the middle seat of our Odyssey and each of the twins are on each side of her. She does a great job keeping the twins in check!

The more I research, it appears the 2nd row bench doesn't come with a headrest in the current model. I'm assuming it did in previous models as Mikef noted.

Is it safe to have a child sitting without a headrest?

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our boys are 6 and 4 and they're best buddies one minute and mortal enemies the next. Our girl is 1.

I dunno about not having a headrest for your 6 y/o. I know mine sits in a booster with a back but I wouldn't trust its headrest in an accident without anything behind it. Maybe check her car seat/booster's owner's manual?

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most buyers opt for captains chairs. You can have one person in the rear most seat and the other two kids in each middle row captains chairs. They share more rear entertainment monitors this way too.

OmegaRoach

Reaction score
Getting into the back seat is easy as there is a push button that you tap twice to tumble the second row forward, from what I recall the bench tumbles the same way the buckets tumble.

Not sure if the XL is an option for you, but I would advise looking into it if you plan on keeping your rig for more than 5 years. The third row in the YD is EXTREMELY tight especially with the 2nd row bench. My 10 year old could barely fit back there and in 3 years she would have outgrown it. That then allows for the captains chairs which makes tumbling seats completely unnecessary (we upgraded from a Mountaineer that the kids would crawl over the 2nd row to get to the back). Just thought I'd throw that out there as a parent that also has 3 kids. An added bonus, the YDXL has two monitors and allows for two different movies to be watched simultaneously as well!

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I misunderstood your question. My 2011 does not have a headrest in the middle seat. It only has two. I'm not sure about the 2015 model. Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you meant the middle row seat in general. You were asking about the middle seat of the middle row.

OP
OP
polkhigh

polkhigh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No worries Mike.

Roach, I think the XL may be the route I'll go. I'm early in the research process so I haven't gone to the dealer yet, but does the XL 3rd row have more leg room than the standard size truck 3rd row?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505