Your suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi..
I have chevy tahoe 95 with normal engine 5.7 V8 I need some sample parts make the engine high Performance On/off roading, need the name of parts as points :) that I will start step by step.
Thanks

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a budget? CAI, exhaust with long tube headers, BBtune. Search for these items in the forum and you'll get a bunch of threads.

OP
OP
M

Mr.Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can I do the BB or not ??
for the exhaust It is in my mind but lookin for parts on the Engine !!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the exhaust will let your engine breath better..... do it right and you'll add some power....

if your wanting in the engine throw a cam in it. if you want more power pull the engine and rebuild it as a 383 Stroker and throw a charger on it.

OP
OP
M

Mr.Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
(96ProCompTahoe)
Thank you and I will start with the exhaust
what about if I add spark plugs+4 and wires with +K & N air filter ??

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to stick with simple bolt-ons w/o tearing into the engine, the best upgrades to start with would be a better flowing intake and exhaust. You can swap in a performance intake manifold, TBI unit, filter/tube assembly, headers/y-pipe, and cat-back exhaust. You can add some power, throttle response, and possibly even better mpg by upgrading the ignition system also (distributor, coil, plugs, and wires). Edelbrock makes some nice performance tbi units and intake manifolds. Accel, Jacob's, Mallory, MSD, etc, all make upgrade ign components for GM HEI systems.
Once you get your bolt-ons done, you can have a chip custom tailored to take full advantage of your engine from companies like JET and Hypertech.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
nice truck btw. like what everyone else said pretty much. underdrive pulleys will help some. electric fans will help. headers for sure, intake etc etc

OP
OP
M

Mr.Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Guys
How much inches will be excellent in the tahoe and not make problem with the Engine in future??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenn046