You Gotta Be Kidding Me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pressed on them, they still give just like they used to. I have them wired like this:

3SVC_8-ohm_mono.jpg

These are my subs and this is the amp powering them. Did the guy just wire them wrong? The guy is 40 something years old and said hes been doing car audio for over 20 years so I figured this wasn't the case but maybe it is? I dunno, like I said before im a total noob when it comes to this stuff.

Also, the gain lvl on my amp is turned up to like 3 lol. So im not understanding why all of a sudden they are acting like this. Like I said before, I wasn't even listening to my music THAT loud. If I can I wanna fix it myself instead of driving an hour so my installer can fix it. Help me out!

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
hey atomic, i might be loosing my MA audio sponsorship. pm me some into on what you have, but i would say run over ALL wiring, amp power and grounds and rem. wires, all signal and input

jayray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need a common ground ( central) for the impedence load.Where is your amp grounded? To test the subs take a 9 volt battery and touch touch the sub wires to it. This will test the throw, (+ out, - in) and polarity of the subs to determine if they are blown. Good Luck!

718frankb

LOCAL 282 TEAMSTERS
Reaction score
that diagram is for 8 ohm subs. what subs do you have and what impedance are they also what is your amp stable down to

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I think I may have figured out what's wrong. I think the middle sub is blown, and the left and right ones are close to going. Wired each sub directly from the amp the left and right ones work, but theres nothing on the middle one.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That really sucks...hope you didn't spend much. Thats the RISK you take buying USED.
For the most part CL has been very good to me. BNIB Volant intake for 150. My rims with tires and lugnuts 250. My subs two JLw7's in a box 325. Been running strong for a lil over 3 yrs.

How do subs blow by the way? Thought it was just from kicken the shit out them?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brandon, if you have all three woofers wired to one input on the box, yes, one bad coil on the center woofer can send a clipped signal to the amp, shutting it down, which saves the amp. Sorry to hear man, buying used amps are ok, they usually are fine, used woofers on the other hand, you never know what they have been put through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willabea