yet another ac problem!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big95hoe

Reaction score
I have a 95 Tahoe and the ac doesn't kick on anymore. This is the story I got from my better half.... that a plastic bag got sucked up into the dash while going down the.highway and that's when the ac stopped working. I went and looked and there was a plastic bag over the opening for the recirculation intake... well I removed that and tried everything now when the ac button is pressed in the light doesn't come on anymore and it just blows through the defrost vent now I checked all the fuses any help would be great thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if you try different modes and it just stays on defrost. check the linkage just above and to the right of gas pedal as you change modes to see if there is any action. but i am thinking the control head just broke or the fan switch in it. which you can test either way.

OP
OP
big95hoe

big95hoe

Reaction score
Got a little chilly tonight and so I know now that its moving from defrost to all the other modes its just the ac isn't working and I don't understand how a plastic bag could do that.. maybe just coincidence that the control unit broke when the bag got stuck on the intake?? I'm going to junk yard tomorrow and grab a couple and see what happens when I hook those up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onid