Xpel Ultimate vs 3M Pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I went by the best local shop that does car wraps and clear bras to get a quote to cover the front clip, mirrors, and some other bits of the Vette to protect it on the street but mostly at the track.

The guy said he was happy to do either but that the new 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film Pro Series is just as good if not better than Xpel Ultimate and would run me a lot less ... as in about $400 less.

I know the old 3M film had some yellowing issues but apparently that's been solved and it comes with a 7yr warranty. He was actually applying it on a 4C when I was there and it looked pretty good. In fact he was only doing half the hood and you couldn't tell where the seam ended unless you were a six or so inches away from the hood.

Anyhoot, anyone have a recommendation?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the 3m on my previous car for 3+ years and it held up fine. I think the yellowing of the past also had to do with what people washed their cars with. Mine was grey like yours and you didn't notice it like you said. I paid I think 250 for the hood bumper n skirt and the mirrors and the tips of the fenders.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Booth are good. Nice thing about Xpel is it's self healing. If you do it please wrap the whole hood. I would recomend that on all cars that do the hood.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booth are good. Nice thing about Xpel is it's self healing. If you do it please wrap the whole hood. I would recomend that on all cars that do the hood.

Apparently the new 3M pro is also 'self healing' ... I'm having front bumper, whole hood, front fenders, mirrors, side skirts/rocker panels, and rear fenders done.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The newest version of the 3M is the jam! I went to a lil seminar not to long ago and got to play around with it. I'd be totally fine with using it on my own vehicle. Which I plan to do....

latemate

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
3m is way expensive compared to Xpel that is in my experience. But I find Xpel most effective.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the 3M done to about half the car today ... looks perfect, let's hope it holds up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924