Wynjammer Supercharger Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksipes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
WYNJAMMER Supercharger.......
1999 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 L Z71 (Limited)

Well I thought I would do a Quick review about the wynjammer supercharger. First off the Tech support and Customer service was hands down the best from AL the owner at Wynjammer. For someone like me that has came from many years of building NASCAR race cars and trucks AL at wynjammer is full allot of useful knowledge in regards to 5.7 ,4.3, 2.2 Chevy superchargers installs. After talking to Al and going back in forth over the phone numerous times for a couple of weeks debating on what brand of kit to go with I decided to give his a try.

The kit. First off the the front mount supercharger Kit came very well packaged and with a full color step by step instruction manual yep color and a couple of stickers for the beer fridge. After removing all the pieces and spreading them out on the work bench we were ready for install. The installation manual stated 2.5 hrs for install and this was really close to what our end result was .The installation went really smooth (plug and play) other than the typical hose clamp retuning here and there. For the back yard mechanic I would think this would be something as easy as a brake job.

PCM tune. Well I was a little up in the air on this one. After purchasing an EFI LIVE from another tuner and waiting days on end for responses I decided to call Bryan over at PCM 4 Less . What kind I say about Bryan and Keith .Super knowledgeable guys and know ALs kits from numerous installs and dyno runs on 4.3 and the 5.7 in the OHIO area. These guys are super detail orientated guys and respond to a phone call yep phone call not just an email 3-5 days later and will talk things through with you, to help you work through all details . He set me up with an install that he has used in the past for a couple guys here in Denver Colorado at about 5700 feet of elevation.

Let the fun begin (The Drive)

Well the drive started off very smooth and out of the gate ran allot smoother at idle. This install was going on a motor with almost 150000 miles so I was a little excited to see the power gain . Well we then decided to take the red wagon out on to the highway to give it a go. The power was very smooth with little to no lag and tons of improvement over stock (tons) . Well after a quick run I pulled the truck back into the shop just for some adjustments and to see were the plugs were coming in at and they looked really good. So time to go hammer down. Granted the PCM tune was a work bench tune and needs to get on the dyno for some fine tuning but the tune at PCM 4 Less worked really well needless to say. So after going out and receiving a smile from ear to ear, I was super excited on the end results.

Well for the end results, if you want a supercharger and your on a budget this supercharger is not cheaply built hands down is worth it buy far and you can spend the other 4 grand on some fun stuff headers motor rebuild what ever. Would I say I would do this again I would say YES with out a doubt and actually I went home and started looking on Craigslist for a 2 door s10 to build for the strip and most definitely a Wynjammer Supercharger for install.

You cant hate it unless you know the TRUTH
The Red Wagon
99 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 Vortec Z71 Limited

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Any pictures and or videos of the install and startups? What did this charger end up costing in the end? any reason not to go to a Whipple unit?

I was in the market for a supercharger for my truck about 4 years ago and looked at the wynjammer unit. I couldn't give in for spending the 2600+ bucks for a unit that was going to give me 6lbs of boost when i could grab a Whipple tbi unit for 1000bucks and really play with the pulleys and up the ante to around 10lbs. The extra money from the whipple i had bought last year gave me money for a custom chip,headers and exhaust, elec fans, msd ignition and much more. Ovcourse buying a new unit is way better then a used, but these whipples can be rebuilt for less then 200 bucks in parts or 500 bucks already installed. Plus i love the look of the whipples on the TBI motors when they sit on the intake manifold staring at you when the hoods opened. (looks very aggressive to me)

But never the less, congrats on the install and post up some pictures! i heard the vortec chargers give around 100+ hp and over 100+ in torque increases. Sounds badass too mee!!

tri94sbc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I'm not there yet in my build. Maybe next year for me. I'm going to get a fresh new 383 crate motor and add a supercharger to it all at once. But before all that, there are many other parts to add.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Just my $0.02 on the crate w/SC... might want to break-in the crate motor before installing the SC. Temptation to romp too early is too great. The increases from the 383 alone would be temptation enough, let alone ANOTHER 100+ TQ/HP from the SC. :crazy:

tri94sbc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL You're wisdom does ring true... I will take your advice on that and break in the crate first... Sound advice...

OP
OP
K

ksipes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will post more along with pictures and some videos . Installed a colder set of plugs and they look great. I love it so far Quite impressive .I will take some pictures of it. My friends all thinks its funny untill they get in it and go for a ride .Some like the front mount and some dont. I really like the look of it out front and they price is right . Anyone in Denver and want to take a ride in the RED WAGON send me a pm
Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Any pictures and or videos of the install and startups? What did this charger end up costing in the end? any reason not to go to a Whipple unit?
Oh yae he can chenge the turbine to get more out of it but I did not want that much quite yet but I can upgrade in the feature.
I was in the market for a supercharger for my truck about 4 years ago and looked at the wynjammer unit. I couldn't give in for spending the 2600+ bucks for a unit that was going to give me 6lbs of boost when i could grab a Whipple tbi unit for 1000bucks and really play with the pulleys and up the ante to around 10lbs. The extra money from the whipple i had bought last year gave me money for a custom chip,headers and exhaust, elec fans, msd ignition and much more. Ovcourse buying a new unit is way better then a used, but these whipples can be rebuilt for less then 200 bucks in parts or 500 bucks already installed. Plus i love the look of the whipples on the TBI motors when they sit on the intake manifold staring at you when the hoods opened. (looks very aggressive to me)

But never the less, congrats on the install and post up some pictures! i heard the vortec chargers give around 100+ hp and over 100+ in torque increases. Sounds badass too mee!!

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Centrifugal>Roots

Whipple for TBI are so damm cheap. I have bought two S/C for my truck one Whipple and One Vortech. I only got the Whipple cuz I needed boost and rarely do any pop up forsale used.

2,500 for new centrifugal set-up is peanuts compared to a new Vortech. Please post pics...I set the date in September I am throwing on the Vortech. Where did you mount the FMIC? Did you add BOV?

GREAT INVESTMENT for any truck exspecially a LIMITED!

Roots blowers exspecially the Whipple is very limited, you can only add a smaller pulley and port so much to get boost, don't forget what a PITA is it to mount and install A2W intercooler. Atleast centrifugal can add a bigger FMIC when you slap in a bigger blower.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
LOL You're wisdom does ring true... I will take your advice on that and break in the crate first... Sound advice...
Don't get me wrong, I definitely understand the "while I'm in there, let me knock it all out at once" mentality... I'm the same way. If you KNOW that you can resist the temptation to stab the go-pedal during break-in, GO FOR IT!!! I would just hate for you to ruin the whole shebang with a careless "lemme see what she's got" moment that came before its time.

I'm planning to install a 383 myself in the not too distant future... almost 279k on the original motor as I type. I'd love to add FI of some sort as well, but not sure that's the best plan for me - I'd probably get in too much trouble since I already have a heavy right foot. ;-)

Last edited:

tri94sbc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I consider my Blazer my hot rod. It's so very versatile. The stage II bow tie crate starts with 440 h.p. I'm thinkin the s/c will get me to around 500 or a little more. I have 200k on the original, so I will work on the exterior and suspension first and limp along with the 5.7 for now. Less up front cost and I can add as I go. The motor and interior will be last. Hopefully by income time next year. For now I will stay tuned to all the good info coming from people like yourself. Thanks a bunch. It may not look it, but I got a plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnimalMother