WTS: My beloved 1911, SA TRP Operator.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've finally made the decision to sell my beloved TRP Operator. Bought in January of '09, it was just about new.
I ran a few hundred rounds through it, and sent it off to John Harrison to get his custom Bo-mar style sight installed, with a horizontal Tritium bar.
After I got it back, a gunsmith friend de-MIM it for me, with parts supplied by me, specified by him.

Here it is:
IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

OK, here are the specs.

Springfield Armory TRP Operator;

Harrison Custom installed sight;
S&A 1 piece magwell;
Ed Brown Perfection Sear and Disconnector;
Ed Brown Barstock hammer, Ed Brown Thumb safety;
Nighthawk Slidestop;
EGW Oversize Firing Pin Stop;

Your choice of Tigerstripe or Black VZ Operators;

3 Chip McCormick magazines,

Milt Sparks VM-II R-model, carried less than 5 times,

All the original parts (less firing pin stop, can't find it...), including the sight.

I would say I have about 500 rounds total through the gun, and it shoots like a dream, I think my investment in it is around $1850, between the parts, sights and holster.

It's got some typical wear around the edges of the rail, and the muzzle end of the slide. Also, where the Ambi-safety was removed a small mark can be seen.

I want $1585 for it. That does not include shipping, and it must be shipped to an FFL, or I can do a FTF in the Sarasota Florida area. (or about an hour's drive from it)
Payment must be USPS MO or other certified funds.

If you want more info, feel free to contact me, IM, email. I am not interested in any trades, cash only.

I'm also not interested to split the package up.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful, beautiful gun. I am so in love with 1911s....just can't seem to justify spending the cash on one yet!

Good luck with the sale.

OP
OP
Mr45

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more bump; will sell without holster for $1400.

That's what I paid when I got it before having it reworked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9

Latest posts