Wireless Charging under Constraint on '23 Yukons!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are likely to defeature lower trims before yours...but its possible you coudl lose it.
Honestly, I have only used my wireless charger about twice. It depends on your habits, and how often you use and have to charge yoru phone.
I have taken 4 hour road trips and never removed my phone from my pocket, used car-play all the way, and ran the battery till evening, never killed the phone.
Your Mileage May Vary...

Firstgeer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does “no retrofit” mean they won’t pay for it to be added later and that it’s not possible to be added later?

OP
OP
dancastro

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does “no retrofit” mean they won’t pay for it to be added later and that it’s not possible to be added later?
"no retrofit" means that GM will not add it at n/c when the constraint is lifted.
I doesnt seem like it would be too tough to do aftermarket...the power for the usb's are a couple inches away.
I saw somewhere on the forum that someone has added it to the recessed area in the center arm rest.

Dayzoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh good to know - I have a 23 Yukon Denali on order to replace my '22.... will see what else is missing when it's delivered. I may choose to stick to the '22 then. (Not that wireless charging will make or break the deal, but I'm sure it won't be the only thing missing...

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, it's an excuse when their competitors have found ways to overcome these shortages.

No one is doubting the shortage, I'm doubting their strategy on how they are handling it. This is a forum about GMs and a thread about constraints, why would I not **** here? I appreciate your 'education' but GMs strategy is lacking.
Why should they care? They are selling every Tahoe/Yukon/Esky they can and making tons of profit. These constraints haven't stopped consumers one bit.

Crabby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do have the phone charger in the 22 Yukon and it works fine with my iPhone 8.
But what if it takes a crap, I guess I don't have it anymore with parts being so hard to get.

SSpinball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had to refit larger frame for my note10 phone, considerable work.
finally got it done and the charge out put is so small its virtually useless.
cool gimmick, not so much for working in reality.

imfrogman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Just get one of these, literally takes 20 minutes to install, is in a much better location and is a fast charger. All around much better than the factory.

micsky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm an Apple guy all around and would love to integrate a MagSafe charger ...but got to look clean with no wires. If anyone has done the same, would love to hear input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artmumf

Latest posts