winter driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe 5.7 ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does any 1 cover there grill in the winter? i was thinking about covering mine ,,its -10 wind sheild -30 i do alot of highway driving. let me know if its even worth doing ..

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I once made a 4 hour road trip in a truck with a lower t-stat and no heat. Talk about miserable. I would say if your car is having trouble getting warm it would hurt to cover a bit, if you do it just make sure to keep a close eye on your temp. You do not want to over heat. When you say -30 do you mean wind chill?

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just drove 7840kms over the holidays.
I was using a **** trip computer/e-gauge to monitor the water temp.
Outside temps varied from +4c to -22c.
My water temp never varied much from 84c idle to 89c WOT going up big hills.
My dash gauge needle never moved from 90c.
I had plenty of heat in the rig.

I was thinking of covering the front a bit, but this trip made up my mind to just leave it alone.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
naa, instead of the cover idea, get some electric fans. That way your motor heats up about 5 times faster then if you motor had its orignal fan. A lot of good things happen with electric fans

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
naa, instead of the cover idea, get some electric fans. That way your motor heats up about 5 times faster then if you motor had its orignal fan. A lot of good things happen with electric fans

doesn't running the stock electronic clutch fan have advantages too? i mean you'd think i'd never have to worry about the fan not coming on since it's driven directly by the engine :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wooshca01