Window Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orange57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the windows on my Limited are really scratched due to sand that got stuck in the window seal and the windows going up and down. They have been that way since I got it, and recently ordered brand new front windows, still looking to find the right rear windows. The current rears aren't too scratched, so they may just stay. Anyways, the rears have privacy glass, and I was wondering if anyone knows what the tint percentage is? I have seen some saying it is 18% ish, and others saying 26% ish. I want the rears slightly darker, but don't want to go too dark. I'm thinking I will probably go with 30-35% around the front. We have had limo all the way around the back in a previous car, and it was a little too dark, so I want to stay a little away from that. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

matt

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Factory GM privacy glass is 20%.
I've been very happy with having 20% applied on top of the factory privacy glass.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The issue is the rear factory glass doesn't have "tint" like you would add to the fronts. It is a tinted glass. But has no reflective value. It will not keep heat out, it's just for privacy. Most will match up the tint front/back, but the back will still let in heat.

Code

Reaction score
The issue is the rear factory glass doesn't have "tint" like you would add to the fronts. It is a tinted glass. But has no reflective value. It will not keep heat out, it's just for privacy. Most will match up the tint front/back, but the back will still let in heat.
I think it's more of a looks thing.

OP
OP
O

orange57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan to darken up the rear windows a little bit. Which is why I was curious as to how dark it is initially. I will likely put a 50% on the rears, and do a 30% on the front. I have to double check laws here. I can't remember if 30 or 35 is the darkest allowable for the fronts.

Anyways, got the new front windows. Need to order the tint and then get the windows installed :) Probably be put on hold until spring as it is getting really nice here now :)

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes double check the laws becuase ive had friends get pulled over with to dark tint
and the cop took a razer blade and cut big x's in all of his tint

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewlester77