Window Tint...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a quote today. Was planning on just doing the front two to match. They suggest doing 50% over the stock and 15% on the front two. They said the "smoke" on the stock glass does not stop UV. Said doing it this way would reduce heat and UV.

Sound right to you guys? I know nothing about window tint & and this is one of the better know local places telling me this.

Btw price was $149 for front two. Said they would do the whole Yulon XL for $249. This is their middle grade stuff with lifetime warranty.

I got charged 250 for 5% up front and 15% all around... they said it was some sort of "name brand" tint... forgot what the name was but it has a lifetime warranty incase it ever does get damaged.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a quote today. Was planning on just doing the front two to match. They suggest doing 50% over the stock and 15% on the front two. They said the "smoke" on the stock glass does not stop UV. Said doing it this way would reduce heat and UV.

Sound right to you guys? I know nothing about window tint & and this is one of the better know local places telling me this.

Btw price was $149 for front two. Said they would do the whole Yulon XL for $249. This is their middle grade stuff with lifetime warranty.

I paid $50 to have 35% over my front two. I then paid $110 to have the entire rear tinted. I'm not sure on the quality of tint but it's a tint shop so I would imagine they would use at least decent stuff. I haven't had any issues with it. I believe the going rate is about $25 per window but they charge more for the windshield and rear windshield. There's six windows so that would be $150 alone. Then whatever they charge for the front and rear windshields. It's funny b/c most have signs out front that say "tinting $69" or whatever they charge but it always ends up costing more.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $75 to get 20% on my 2 front doors to match the factory rear tint, and they did a 20% 10 inch brow across the top of the windshield too. But then again, this was 6 years ago when I first bought my Burban. I am sure they went up "some" by now.

thatblacklac

Reaction score
Wow drew that is a really good price for tints. My good friend and my cousin do tints for a living so I deal with tint all the time. If you want to match the back 20% on the front is perfect. tinting the windshield would even everthing out to I would go with 35%. Personaly I have 5% on the front and 5% over the stock rear tints and 35% on the windshield. I went that dark so no thieves could see what I have inside.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well the cost of the materials for GOOD UV blocking tint is not cheap.. and you cant look at the cost of tint you see at pepboys as that is garbage film.. i paid cost for my next door neighbor to do 5% front and 15% over rear.. and i think i tossed him $120.. and he picked it up from office and left me his F250 and had my tahoe done sitting at the house when i got home..

a good full car tint job should run you 75+ for fronts. 75-100 for shields.. and DEPENDING ON THE CAR.. the rears can be as much as 300... now like a corvette rear glass is a major *****.. he charges 250 for the 3 windows of a corvette.. mainly bc the rear is a *****.. alot of the price depends on the shape of the windows and difficulty then the amount of materials.. remember the tahoe and Burbs windows are much larger than a honda civic there for will cost more..

also the quality of the installer plays a key role.. personally i will pay for a better installer.. i have tinted a few cars.. but i am by no means a pro.. and rather get buddy to do it as he tints 5+ cars a day.. and is perfect..

Oh FYI it can never be too dark.. i am used to 5%..

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! I'm moving to where y'all live and gonna start tinting windows. I got my whole truck tinted for like $120...if y'all are paying more, then I'm bout to open up shop!!!

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$120 for entire vehicle is too cheap in my opinion. What kind of tint did he use?

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea 120 is low unless you knew the guy..

remember like i tell my clients you have 3 options: Quality, Cost, Speed... and you can only choose 2.. so i am willing to bet you got a low UV film that is not as durable and will not hold black for as long before fade..

all i can say is its 90* outside and i use a insulated reflective front windshield cover and my interior will be cooler than outside.. now that sais something about insulation factors.. also at lunch time i will not have to roll down or turn on the ac.. as it is still cool from the morning.. good UV heat blocking TiNT is not cheap.. also there is sound deadening tint. kills out about 5 dB of road noise and that is gonna run you $$$ for a car.. i helped do a new MERC suv at neighbors.. and that stuff was 175 in materials alone to do entire car and glass roof.. he charged 300 and the owner said he was the lowest price he had gotted from 4 different people..

im not a fan of cheap low quality film on a budget tint job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigStick