Window question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sunrisor

Reaction score
I have '03 Yukon XL. LF window stopped working. Replaced regulator/motor from LMC. Lasted a month, motor gave out. Got a motor from GM parts direct. Destroyed the cables trying to attach it.

Got a regulator from the same GM parts direct. A month later, the cable separated from the regulator and got shredded.

What am I doing? HELP!!??

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe get the complete regulator and motor kit from one manufacturer instead of replacing one part at a time. The motor may not be in the right starting position. One window set should be about $100, and you get a warranty. Also I noticed when I replaced mine that the cables are zip tied where they cross to help from hitting the window when it's rolled down.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible the tracks that the windows slide in are dirty and causing too much resistance?

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible the tracks that the windows slide in are dirty and causing too much resistance?

That's why if you get the complete new kit it will not be an issue.

OP
OP
sunrisor

sunrisor

Reaction score
Also possible, since in the process of dis-assembly/re-assembly (multiple times) I probably removed alot of the grease, and got debris in the track.

Never again will get individual components.

...fool me twice, shame on me!!!!

thanks!!!

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I've had good luck with the Dorman brand. Also, the tracks were not pre-lubed out of the box.

OP
OP
sunrisor

sunrisor

Reaction score
Well, I just ordered an AC Delco complete regulator from Rock Auto....see what happens. I think my problem was trying to save some cash and assemble it myself. Maybe the spool that winds/unwinds the cable wasn't in the correct position when I installed it. Who knows...

Mol

Reaction score
I may have to do the same thing...windows are sloooooow, and I have lubed the tracks on multiple occasions. Assume the motor is on its way out?

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have to do the same thing...windows are sloooooow, and I have lubed the tracks on multiple occasions. Assume the motor is on its way out?

One of my windows was slow before the cables shredded apart. It may not be the tracks or the motor. I never tried lube on the cables. Could be worth a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gradymossx4