Window controls acting weird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dpounders

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Yukon xl slt and I'm having a rr window problem. From the drivers window controls I can put the right rear window down but not up. If I operate the window from the rr door control it works fine. If I engage the window lock on the drivers door, it appears to operate as it should as I can control the rr window up and down from the drivers controls but the rear control is locked out. Here's the weird part: if the rr window is down and I take the window lock off, it goes up on its own without me pushing anything. Once the window goes up its disabled for about 20 seconds, i hear a click and the the operation returns to how it was before. Any idea what would cause this?

Vinniety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Yukon xl slt and I'm having a rr window problem. From the drivers window controls I can put the right rear window down but not up. If I operate the window from the rr door control it works fine. If I engage the window lock on the drivers door, it appears to operate as it should as I can control the rr window up and down from the drivers controls but the rear control is locked out. Here's the weird part: if the rr window is down and I take the window lock off, it goes up on its own without me pushing anything. Once the window goes up its disabled for about 20 seconds, i hear a click and the the operation returns to how it was before. Any idea what would cause this?

The window switch on the drivers door has all those buttons on one switch. I mean you cant just swap out the right rear switch or the lock button you will need to swap out the entire switch because its one and because your having these issues all coming from that one switch i would say its that switch. If you have a friend that has the same truck swap it out very easy to do and see if the issues are resolved. I would think they would be. If not go to junkyard or better then that buy it on line, rock auto or ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUBURBAN-YU...kon&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cc125ba07#ht_786wt_1127

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JIMEMAC33