window cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not crazy ;)
make sure its OOOO , so its extra fine.

i have also used Weiman (red) cooktop scrubbing pads

And bricks, definitely red bricks...

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My father used to make me clean the fireplace glass with newspaper, been doing it since i was a kid...no lint left on o anything

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check HD or Walmart for the reviews on this stuff. It's also pretty cheap. I found out about it by the company that put the windshield in my wife's car. It's good for around the house too

IMG_0514.JPG

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes 0000 steel wool works wonders to get the window really clean. The problem I found was steel wool leaves very small bits behind and I was worried they could get in to someplace and start rust. Anyway I read about using the finest grade bronze wool and switched to that because it is reusable and should not start rust. My local ACE Hardware store started stocking this for me. I don't recommend using wool (steel or bronze) on the inside because of the bits falling down. I used Magic Eraser and this seems to work well along with a micro-fiber cloth. Windows are difficult to get really clean with all the water spots/etc. removed.

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wax on the windshield has always left it streaky with the wipers and is very hard to remove , to get back to non streak. In on of my previous old OLDS manual, GM recommended Old Dutch or equivalent with much elbow grease to get non streak again. Rainex worked excellent on my aircraft but put me on the streak complaint (no WS wipers on small aircraft) Never tried steel wool. I hate, when I take it in for service and they do me a favor!! by washing it, which waxes the windshield, cannot win>

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steel wool is good if you have bug guts or other hard residue left on your windshield. Also good is a clay-bar, using glass cleaner as a lubricant.

I much prefer Invisible Glass in the spray-bottle to Sprayway in the aerosol can. I don't like the foaming action of the spray cans. I also really like Scott's new Glass Towels. No lint, has a little bit of a rough surface for cleaning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e