Will dash from 96 fit in my 95 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikesid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, first time poster, long time lurker....
I've been pulling trim on my car and redoing interior, spraying it black and getting it ready to put in vinyl carpeting. I really want to redo my cracked dash while I'm at it...a couple junk yards near me have 1996 hoes....wondering if I can swap a 1996 Tahoe into mine?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
mounting in the body should be the same. however the inside of the dash may not contour around the pcm and the wiring will be different so check to make sure they route properly in the dash area.

OP
OP
M

mikesid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, all the pics I could find on a 96 dash looked the same as mine...should I remove mine first and just take measurements of the equipment the protrudes the most? Then go to junk yard and do same? Seems simple enough....but I always get myself in to something..... :confused:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yes. take a lot of notes and pics. i think the pcm is the only thing to worry about space wise.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

in fact if you grab a 97 or newer you can use the passenger airbag by changing some harnesses and modules+rewire or put a pocket in its place.

OP
OP
M

mikesid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion...the 97 dashes look nicer....I'm not to keen on the funky cup holders on passenger that can't even hold a cup on my 95...if I find a 97 dash and use it is there any precautions I should take when pulling the dash so airbag doesn't go off....I think I would rather just eliminate the airbag altogether, maybe put something in that space like screen for back up camera or something techy..tbd......is there a back up battery I should worry about when pulling it? Thanks again...

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will need to use your 95 wiring harness and that airbag i couldn't get mine out so i left it in. there is a bracket that bolts to firewall that helps hold the pass airbag you can't use it i just use metal straps that i screwed to firewall then bolted it to the airbag bracket. you will need the 2 aux cigarette lighter wires and slice them into single cig lighter wires

or run them to fuse box or battery with a 15 to 25 amp fuse other than that it will bolt right up. oh!! don't forget to change the code label in glove box actually just swap the glove box inside panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Farmy22