Will Cast 241 heads fit???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

babamerino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all!!! So I found a local selling a set of LS1 241 heads from his 99ʻ Z06... Was wondering if these will fit my 2011 for sure before I pick them up... I originally wanted to port and polish my stock heads, being that they are an upgraded version of the LS1ʻs, but I did the research and they said that these heads would flow better if prated and polished... However they did not say if it will fit the nnbs models... So just double checking!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Also, Iʻm matching it with a Compcam 214/224 115 lsa kit!!!

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Z06 till 2001 and they were LS6s. You just have a set of run-o-the-mill LS1 heads that came on Vettes, Camaros and Firebirds/T/As.

The heads you already have are probably better.

OP
OP
babamerino

babamerino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Z06 till 2001 and they were LS6s. You just have a set of run-o-the-mill LS1 heads that came on Vettes, Camaros and Firebirds/T/As.

The heads you already have are probably better.

So I asked again and he said its a LS1 Cast 241... I canʻt port and polish my stock ones because my Tahoe cannot be down for more than a weekend...

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know all LS based engines are parts compatible. The differences between the NNBS' are more internal. That's obvious with the DOD. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Have you trolled ebay? They have some great deals. You may be able to convince them to ship it to HI if you toss in some extra $$$$.

Another option, Email gmpartsdirect.com , give them your vin# and ask for the part numbers for your cylinder heads. Since your interested in P&P, sounds like you're going to be replacing everything anyway. What better way to start than new or reman :)

OP
OP
babamerino

babamerino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know all LS based engines are parts compatible. The differences between the NNBS' are more internal. That's obvious with the DOD. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Have you trolled ebay? They have some great deals. You may be able to convince them to ship it to HI if you toss in some extra $$$$.

Another option, Email gmpartsdirect.com , give them your vin# and ask for the part numbers for your cylinder heads. Since your interested in P&P, sounds like you're going to be replacing everything anyway. What better way to start than new or reman :)

Yeah... Shipping would cost more than the heads themselves!!! But I'm gonna look at these 241 heads since the seller is local... He said they're in pristine condition!!! Then my mechanic is gonna port polish and match everything!!!

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing to consider... the 241s have a larger combustion chamber size (by 5 CCs +/-). You are going to lose compression which will help to kill your new cam, power and torque. You'll need to have your machine shop cut the heads to keep your compression up. Your machine shop should be able to calculate haw much to cut them. If you're running premium already you might want to bump compression a bit more. Your cam would work a bit better if you do.

The intake and exhaust port volume is the same on both heads. The upside is the LS1 heads have larger valves which could give you a bit more flow.

OP
OP
babamerino

babamerino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing to consider... the 241s have a larger combustion chamber size (by 5 CCs +/-). You are going to lose compression which will help to kill your new cam, power and torque. You'll need to have your machine shop cut the heads to keep your compression up. Your machine shop should be able to calculate haw much to cut them. If you're running premium already you might want to bump compression a bit more. Your cam would work a bit better if you do.

The intake and exhaust port volume is the same on both heads. The upside is the LS1 heads have larger valves which could give you a bit more flow.

Okay I will ask about cutting the heads to keep my compression up... They did mention it... Do you mean premium gas??? I always run 91+... Thanks for the tips!!!

OP
OP
babamerino

babamerino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I picked them up for $200... Here are some pics...

Attachments

• IMG_2963.jpg
    IMG_2963.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2964.jpg
    IMG_2964.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2965.jpg
    IMG_2965.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2966.jpg
    IMG_2966.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2967.jpg
    IMG_2967.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 12

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, 200 bucks. I would've bought them to, for $200.
Nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A