Will a lift off a 92 k2500 fit on a 97 yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

westman995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if a lift kit off a 92 chevy k2500 would fit on a 97 Yukon 4 door?

I asked and he said it was off of a 6 lug truck. Its a superlift if it matters.

I have been trying to find out on the superlift website, but I cant tell for sure. They have different part numbers for the two different trucks, but they both use the exact same install manual and it has a parts list but I am confused as to what would/wouldn't be there for the different trucks.

My thinking is that most if not all of it would bolt up but maybe there are some smaller things that would need to be changed to make it work. Does anybody have any info on if it would work? I know things change between those two years im just not sure about any suspension changes or anything that would make it not fit..

I have seen other brands of lifts that supposedly go from 88-98 so I would think it would fit..

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats a good question , Im guessing no , there would be something different with the Drop brackets for the Front Diff as they are different.

Dowsewashere

Reaction score
Well if its off a six lug it could be a heavy half ton. And the only difference between the yuk and the "2500" is the 14sf trans cooler and bigger drums, front ifs is all the same. It should all work because the half ton and tahoe front ends are the same.

OP
OP
W

westman995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was more of what I was hoping to hear, However Im still worried it might not work..

He is asking 400 for it and says its missing the hardware (nuts and bolts) I am not sure if that is a good price or not. Either way I was hoping to get it for less if I end up getting it. Wish the guy was closer so I could just go check it out, its like 2.5 hour drive for me

OP
OP
W

westman995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far the only difference I can find in the parts list/install manual is the idler arm spacer. The one for the older trucks is a 2 bolt one and the newer ones have a 3 bolt one. I cant find anything else different but I have a feeling something else must be.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Buy it. Worse case you flip. Should be same since its the 6 lug version but could be slightly different due to being the 2500 frame

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove

Latest posts