Wi-Fi working like crap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else paying for/using the onboard wifi in these SUV's or am I the only idiot still trying to make this work?

On my 2016 Tahoe the wifi worked like a champ. Traded the Tahoe in on a 2019 Yukon Denali and the service tanked. Traded the 2019 Denali in on a 2020 Escalade and the service is nonexistent. I've tried tweaking every geek knob on the truck and on my phone that I could find and still no joy.

Anybody have any tips or tricks to make wifi work? Ironically enough, the charging pad was the exact opposite. Wireless charging worked terribly in the Tahoe and works flawlessly in the Cadillac.

If it helps my phone is a Samsung S10+

Thanks in advance!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else paying for/using the onboard wifi in these SUV's or am I the only idiot still trying to make this work?

On my 2016 Tahoe the wifi worked like a champ. Traded the Tahoe in on a 2019 Yukon Denali and the service tanked. Traded the 2019 Denali in on a 2020 Escalade and the service is nonexistent. I've tried tweaking every geek knob on the truck and on my phone that I could find and still no joy.

Anybody have any tips or tricks to make wifi work? Ironically enough, the charging pad was the exact opposite. Wireless charging worked terribly in the Tahoe and works flawlessly in the Cadillac.

Thanks in advance!
Only thing I can suggest is if it has the option try changing the wifi ch to ch7, typical wifi channels used are on the low or high end of 1~14, the middle channels are not used that much so if there is interference from other things then switching to ch7 can sometimes help.
you can download a phone app called "wifi analyzer" it's free, it will show you all the channels being used around you, plus it will show you the signal strength and other data.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
For what it's worth, I have a 2019 Yukon Denali and the wi-fi works like a champ! It even works in areas with marginal cellular service. I guess it's a random issue within the breed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmdealerguy