who can help me with my corvette tpi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 87 corvette that was giving to me by my father. i used the car last summer but it ran like shit but it away for the winter putting it back on the road guess what still runs like shit. last year it had a intake manfold gasket leak i fixed that nothing leaks thers one problem fixed. the car runs good at a hight rpm but idaling it sounds like a nasty cam. a friend achly asked me if i had a cam in it lol. it comes up with maf and tps codes i changed both sensors allready. where should i start with this problem the car is mostly stock its got a b&m shift kit and straight pipes.

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a vaccum leak? Idk if this helps but my Tahoe would idle like crap and sounds like how you said if it had a nasty cam, but from like 2.5k and up you couldn't even tell there was a problem. Vaccum line on the PCV valve was f'ed, fixed that and now she's fine. Check for leaks I say.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are several places vacuum leaks can occur with a tpi motor; tb to plenum, plenum to runners, runners to intake, and intake to heads, not to mention all the vacuum lines. You should also check that the IAC motor is operating properly and the pintle is seating right. Also, check the idle air bypass in the tb and make sure it's clean.

quickie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
have u checked the plugs and wires
if u have missing or messed up plugs 1 or 2
ir run like shit at low idle then at higher RPMS the rest of the cylinders pick up the slack
for the ones missing
just a thought happened to my 91 camero
just a thought good luck

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey jk. if his vacuum leak was that bad there wouldnt be a major change if he pulled the line from the brake booster right? so if it really doesnt change that would atleast rull out most everything else but vacuum. or does it not work that way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255