Whipple Charged 96 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rushr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple Charged 97 Yukon

Thought I would start a thread for my Yukon, I just picked it up on Oct 31st. It's had a bit of a rough and uncared for life, but I plan on bringing it all back with a little TLC. Current mods is an Air Raid Intake, Catless exhaust dumped at the rear axle, headers, and the whipple supercharger.

As it sits right now....

Yukon.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

New parts getting ready to go on.
DSC_0341.jpg

Pic of Installed grille and headlights...and a dirty ass engine bay.

DSC_0361.jpg

More pics of dirty ass engine bay...for those that wanted engine pics...lol

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0359.jpg

After the water pump install and a little cleaning. Still needs more, but it definitely is looking better. Don't mind the overflow tank, I have a new one on order...
EngineBayAfter.jpg

Last edited:

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what the hell happend to the headlight? and like the new facelift post pics when your finshed nice 2 door btw

OP
OP
R

rushr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that happened when the previous owner rear ended someone. I'll definitely be putting pics up when finished. I'll add some of the engine bay too once it's all cleaned up.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:gr_grin: ................Whipple............It will bring a good feeling to ya after you restore it...looking forward to more pics.........

OP
OP
R

rushr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I enjoy working on them for the most part. Overall it really isn't in too bad of shape, just the front, hood, and the interior is quite dirty.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Just noticed for some reason I titled this as a 96, but its really a 97...not like there is much difference if any...lol

OP
OP
R

rushr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I was impatient and installed everything tonight to include the 6K HIDs I had laying around. Pics will be up later.

OP
OP
R

rushr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, now I am in the midst of replacing the waterpump. Stopped at a gas station up from my house this morning and came out to antifreeze pouring out from the bottom. Everything I have read pointed to the waterpump, so I bought a new and went to town....lol Now I've run into a snag of trying to get the fan off the pulley. Can't break the bolt loose. On a brighter side this gives me a chance to clean everything up a little better...lol

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

New pics added to first post...

OP
OP
R

rushr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished up the water pump install this afternoon and then took advantage of things being apart to do a little cleaning. Still needs more, but it's definitely looking better.

Pic added to first post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA