Where to tap video feeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Z71 Tahoe with the factory backup camera displayed in the rear view mirror. I have installed the factory navigation head unit and need to tap the video feeds so I can have the backup camera displayed on the head unit. Is there another or better location than from the rear view mirror harness to accomplish this task?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
My 08 is in the driver kick panel... unfortunately I can't recall which wire off the top of my head.

Your 12 may be different I am not sure.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
My 08 is in the driver kick panel... unfortunately I can't recall which wire off the top of my head.

Your 12 may be different I am not sure.

Sorry.... I was having a brain fart... For some reason when I read your post my brain was thinking reverse trigger.

OP
OP
MCAT069

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who don't know, if you pull down the headliner above the A piller, the video camera wires are in the foil bundle that splits off and runs to towards the back of the vehicle. Connect the white wire to the center wire if your RCA plug and the dark blue wire to the braided ground and you're good to go.