Where to grab high beam and fog light signal under dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonPAtkins

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm adding a Rigid AW light bar to my Avalanche. Rather than use the (expensive) Rigid wiring harness to use a manual switch to turn the bar on to either white or amber, I'd like to do something different.

I'd like to grab the signal for the high beams and also the signal for the fog lights, run them both through a manual DPST "disconnect" switch, and then connect them to a pair of relays to power the amber automatically (as long as the disconnect isn't off) with the fog light circuit and the white automatically with the high beam circuit. The disconnect will obviously be left off for road driving (they're way too bright to be legal on the road) but then turned to "auto" mode for off road, so the whites come on automatically with the high beams and ambers automatically with the fog lights.

None of this wiring seems particularly challenging, but I do need to know where will be the easiest spot under the dash to grab those two wires to splice into them, and which wires they are.

I assume a harness must come out of the module left of the steering wheel where the fog light button is for that. How about the high beam wire, is it going to be in that same cluster, or a different harness from the steering wheel column?

I'm sure I can find it somewhere online, but if someone already knows, that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I would of known about these LED light bars before I spent 2 days installing a sun visor then adding the amber marker(clearance) lights to get the same look as these new light bars. I saw a Jeep with the newer light bar the other day running the amber marker lights and it looked great!

As far as finding the wires to splice into all you have to do is use a volt meter to distinguish which wires control the high,low,parking lights...remove the headlight switch from the dash(comes out really easy) and test each wire for voltage while turning the switch...same goes for the fog light switch

I'm still considering swapping out my light bar for this newer style bar

Quadratec® J5 LED Light Bar with Amber Clearance Cab Lights | Quadratec

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645