Where to get electric fans for conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, does this one just bolt right up to the radiator, i was concerned about not having a shroud or anything that would come with an oem takoff. Thanks

It's a OEM style fan, the shroud is built on it!! Very slick setup, the bottom of the fan setup clips in like your stock shroud and the upper part bolts into some holes next to your stock shroud holes that are in the core support (if I remember right). If you have a tune already, then the electric fans are practically a must!!

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a bb tune and an autocal. Dam this was first on my list, but it looks like im needing some cats first. Bb is getting me a price on them as we speak.

freeway2590

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just ordered my Dorman 620-654 off of Amazon.com today for 145.00. Just need Blackbear tune and Harness now.

DaUsedMCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ordered the amazon dorman ones as well, but it says they come with a plug and play wiring harness... do i need the BB one?

trublew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think they mean the fans plug into the factory 05-06 harness, which your truck wont have. therefore, youll still need the bb harness

DaUsedMCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay, so i got the Dorman 620-654 today, and i need the BB cable, but i dont know which one to order... there are single and dual pin... also, my alternator is the 130amp, so do i need the overdrive pulley as well?

also, if i get the fans installed, and then order the cable and pick it up when i go to BB to get tuned for the fans to be put on, are they plug and play? or should i order the cable before installing the fans, and put them all in at once, and then go get tuned?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay, so i got the Dorman 620-654 today, and i need the BB cable, but i dont know which one to order... there are single and dual pin... also, my alternator is the 130amp, so do i need the overdrive pulley as well?

also, if i get the fans installed, and then order the cable and pick it up when i go to BB to get tuned for the fans to be put on, are they plug and play? or should i order the cable before installing the fans, and put them all in at once, and then go get tuned?

I believe the single pin is for '01 and '02's while the dual pin is for '03-up, it should say on their website!! You shouldn't need to overdrive pulley with that alternator but can get it if you want!

Also, get the tune before you install the cable and the fans, that way the computer will be able to control them because Justin will turn that option on during the tune!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia