Where is the PCV or Brake induction line on a Denali? ASAP please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
2nd day and she's running smooth as silk....I had doubts this would do anything for me, but I'm a believer now.....

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd day and she's running smooth as silk....I had doubts this would do anything for me, but I'm a believer now.....

I was there once as well, I'm a firm believer in it!! Glad it solved your problem and you were able to seafoam it!

jeffyrc

Bow Tie For Life
Reaction score
You have the different brake setup, I think the hydroboost is what they call it!! Try looking behind the air intake manifold and you should see a good sized hose coming out of the back of it and that is where you should be able to do the seafoam through! That's where my brake booster hose that I pointed to goes to, should be able to take it off without any fluids coming out and it should have vacuum at it when the truck is on! All you would have to do is take the hose off and attach another hose to the intake to suck the seafoam out of!

First pic is of the route my hose takes from the brake booster to the back of the intake before the top engine cover is taken off.
Second is after the engine cover is taken off and where the hose connects to the back of the intake!!

Hope this helps!!

ive been trying to fiure this out too. the pix you posted helped a little. i found the spot in the back of the intake manifold. in your pic your pointing at a tube going into a connecter with a red O ring. mine just has a plug/no tube. but it has a red O ring like your pic. any idea?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I would think you could still use that spot for your seafoaming if you can get that plug off without breaking anything!! You should still have vacuum back there, all you would have to do is attach a hose on it long enough to do your seafoam! Just get the plug to come off while the motor is running and see if there is vacuum at it, if there is you are all good!

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the little plug as well but couldn't remove it. Any help?

If you have Hydroboost don't be afraid of the hose. It should not have a clamp on it and all you have to do is the wiggle and pull method. It will eventually come off.

Split Shot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The fitting with the red o-ring isn't the one you are lookig for. Look on top of the intake, there should be a fitting where the fuel line goes over the top of the intake. Take the hose off the fitting and hook another hose to it and stick the other end in the can of Sea foam.

DenaliAK, the hose you pulled off your hydroboost leaked power steering fluid not brake fluid. Might want to check the level in your PS pump.

secfogecko

Reaction score
The fitting with the red o-ring isn't the one you are lookig for. Look on top of the intake, there should be a fitting where the fuel line goes over the top of the intake. Take the hose off the fitting and hook another hose to it and stick the other end in the can of Sea foam.

DenaliAK, the hose you pulled off your hydroboost leaked power steering fluid not brake fluid. Might want to check the level in your PS pump.

Can you help with a picture? That would be much appreciated. I did the same as Denali and spewed power steering everywhere.

secfogecko

Reaction score
Using Sea Foam Spray to Clean a Sealed Intake System
Use Sea Foam Spray to clean carbon deposits from the intake systems, intake valves, and combustion chambers of your engine.

Use Sea Foam Spray to clean all these areas with the cleaning tube inserted into the sealed air intake system to spray Sea Foam into the engine from in front of the throttle plate. See side panel for illustration.

Warm up engine and turn off all accessories.

Shut engine off.

• DO NOT use in enclosed area, make sure exhaust is well ventilated
• DO NOT use a scan tool to increase RPM via the air by-pass valve
• DO NOT spray Sea Foam into the mass airflow Sensor
Locate the engine throttle body and remove air intake boot. Install the Sea Foam cleaning tube by inserting the short end of the hook guide into the throttle body, positioning the tube directly in front of the throttle plate. Ideal placement of hook guide is at top center of throttle body housing (12 o’clock.) Place end of cleaning tube within ¼” of throttle plate by adjusting cleaning tube in or out of hook guide. Replace air intake boot to hold cleaning tube assembly in place.

With the vehicle in park or neutral and parking brake engaged start engine and increase idle speed 500 to 1000 RPM above factory idle specification. Increasing engine RPM is important for the following reasons:

• The Sea Foam cleaner must be evenly distributed
• The Sea Foam cleaner must fully atomize
• The Sea Foam cleaner must pass through the throttle body, not the air by-pass
Find a method to hold engine RPM steady as this application takes approximately 5 minutes

After ½ can of Sea Foam has been used, approximately 2-3 minutes, stop spray, return engine to normal idle speed and shut off engine.

Remove cleaning tube from throttle body and reattach air inlet boot to throttle body and tighten clamp.

Let vehicle sit about 5 minutes then restart in a well ventilated area, as exhaust may be extreme for a short time. Road test, driving aggressively, to remove any remaining carbon.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332784652.084316.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332784652.084316.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 40

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmdealerguy