where are wires for Electric Brake controller for trailer on NNBS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought there was a thread on here somewhere, but cant find it now.

Looks like my Tahoe will end up towing a little trailer for some family trips.

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of the best towing installation videos are found at etrailer.com. They install everything they sell and have put a boatload of videos up on their website.

Assuming your Tahoe has the factory towing package with the factory Class III receiver and 7-way plug, the wires for the brake controller is taped up under the dash. On my Denali and two friends' Tahoes the harness was taped near the fuse panel to the left of the steering column.

Try this etrailer video link for a really good look at what you need to do, they uses a 2011 Tahoe:
https://www.etrailer.com/Brake-Controller/Chevrolet/Tahoe/2010/90195.html?vehicleid=2010106233

And I've used nothing but the Tekonsha Prodigy for years in my last 3 tow vehicles and they're the best. My current unit is a Prodigy 2.

OP
OP

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for directly posting the links, I was on the iphone trying to reply.
The under hood power is a piece of cake too. GM did make it pretty darn easy for us on this one. Don't forget the 20A circuit breaker to mount inline in the engine compartment too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts